Sunday, January 5, 2014

Chateau de Rambouillet

The Château de Rambouillet is a castle in the town of Rambouillet which is located in northern France, 31 miles southwest of Paris. It is the summer residence of the Presidents of the French Republic. It has been said that Queen Marie-Antoinette, who accompanied her husband, King Louis XVI on a visit in November 1783: "Comment pourrais-je vivre dans cette gothique crapaudière!" (How could I live in such a gothic toadhouse!) Toadhouse or not, I think Chateau de Rambouillet is absolutely gorgeous!


xoxo
Kerri

Photo by © Visit France

4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

This Castle is so grand, Kerri. You know, some of the old gothic structures are the most gorgeous in the world. I love Castles - wouldn't it nice to live in one?

I hope you are enjoying the new year.

Love,
~Sheri

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Happy New Year Kerri!
This is just beautiful! I love Castles also...
Thank you so much for visiting and leaving such kind thoughts.
Just now getting back on the computer.
blessings,
Penny

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kerri, what a grand and gorgeous castle. It is so interesting to see the details.
Thank you for sharing and also for stopping by and your kind comment.
Wishing you all the best in the new year filled with many blessings my friend.
Hugs

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

teeeeheeeee....La reine did have her opinions! I think I could live in such a "toadhouse" - who knows, maybe one could see Toad of Toadhall taking up residence!

KERRI! Is this not a great château?

I hope your holidays were divine; mine were! We flew to Los Angeles to be with family and we had a blast. We even drove to my favorite beach, Santa Monica.

Thanks for coming by my friend! Anita